Thunder Bay Co-op is proud to be one of the largest distributors for Ideal Roofing in Northwestern Ontario. Choose from an amazing palette of colours for sheet metal roofing, siding and metal shingles, all guaranteed by their very nature to last for over 40 years, reduce insurance costs and add value to your home, camp and out-buildings.
Need To Know Items For Pricing Your Metal Roof
- Size of the roof: How large is your project? This is the peak to eave measure and also how many areas to be covered
- Style of the roof: Hip roof, flat roof, gable roof, cottage… Each of these house styles need different calculations to determine how to cover the roof.
- Roof slope or pitch: The slope of your roof can determine lengths of the metal sheets and can determine the difficulty level for installation.
- Type of application: Low slope vs steep slope systems need different types of metal profile designs. Low pitch profiles prevent ponding.
- Material choice: Prices vary depending on the profile or type of metal roofing. There are also premium colours and finishes.
- Roof Preparation/Condition: If your current roof has multiple layers of roof shingles, this may increase the amount of preparation needed before installing the metal roofing. Many times metal roofing can be installed over the existing roofing.
- Roof Adornments (wall flashings, chimney flashings, skylights, plumbing stacks, etc.): There are trims, pipe boots and snow guards available for these items to prevent shearing and leaks.
- Venting: There are multiple ways of venting including vented ridges, vented closures and more.
Frequently Asked Questions on Metal Roofing
Do you install?
No. We have several contractors that we can recommend. Call us to get some contacts of experienced professionals who can handle your building project.
Can you install over the existing roof?
Yes! No need to remove the roofing you have. Please talk to our staff to come up with installation tips and tricks specific to your project.
Can you give me an estimate?
Yes! Let us know the area of roof that you are trying to cover and our metal roofing estimator will work with you to make a quote.
Do you offer delivery?
Yes. Give us a call to see if we can drop your shipment at your building site for a fee.
What is the difference between square feet and linear feet?
There are two difference measurements discussed when referring to metal roofing: square feet and linear feet. Square feet refer to the area while linear feet refer to the length of the metal sheets. For example, a metal sheet 3 feet wide and 10 feet long has 30 square feet and 10 linear feet.
Can you make a custom trim?
If you give us a picture with dimensions, we can investigate getting the trim made to your specifications.
Do you do eave trough and/or waterspouts?
No. Our supplier cannot make these for you. We can help you find someone else to call.
How noisy is the metal roof?
If you are remembering the noisy metal roof sounds of the past, the metal roof on a modern house is a different experience. With insulation, sound barriers, and attic space, most metal roof sounds are not echoing into the house. You may hear a slight pitter patter on the roof but it is a soothing sound.